Refer to the following video for a visual demonstration of the the instructions written below:
Featured in this Tutorial Video
1: Ink tank, piping and damper installation:
- Put tanks with 5 colours on top of the printer
- These are connected to a pump that enables ink stirring and downflow of inks to the cartridges at the bottom.
- Before pouring the inks, connect the ink cartridges which have one pipe in from the ink tanks above and a pipe which goes out from the cartridges to the dampers.
- The cartridges have one adjustable (circular knob) filter on the right where you put the input ink pipe from the tanks above. Note that
- The cartridge also has 4 outlet filters that send ink to the dampers.
- For the white ink cartridge, put 4 pipes that go to the dampers on the 4 outlet filters
- For the other 4 colours, put one pipe for each colour on the outlet filter.
- The knob on the outlet filter adjusts the level at which the pipe that draws ink from the cartridges starts from.
- Clockwise, pushes the pipe deeper and anticlockwise does the opposite. Screw the knob clockwise until it reaches about 85% of the full cartridge depth.
- Label your pipes at the front of the printer where the ink comes out to make sure that every colour has the corresponding pipe.
- Connect the dampers (12 in total) to the tubes and leave them ready to draw ink into.
- Also install the waste ink bottle at the bottom of the right side foot of the printer and make the pipe just long enough to get in halfway into the bottle.
2: Carriage base attachments:
- Attach the extension piece for and mouth both UV lamps on the left and right allocated slots on the carriage base.
- Test for continuity on both ends in the cables UV1 (left side lamp) AND UV2 (right side lamp)
- Connect the UV lamp cable for UV1 and UV2 on their respective positions as labelled on the chiller.
- Connect the water circulation pipes onto the lamps (direction does not matter)
- Connect the three cables that are for the UV lamp signal from the chiller to the wiring on the right side panel under the motherboard in the order (Brown:1 Yellow:2 Blue:3)
- Install the water pipes onto the UV lamps. There are two pipes that come from the chiller through the pipes, put one for each lamp, then cut one more tube to link the two lamps so that the water circulates between the chiller and the two lamps in one line. Again, direction does not matter for the tubes as they are simply for water circulation.
3: Head connection:
- You will install two heads, one is for white on the left (closest to the printing area) and the other one is for the rest of the 4 colours (CMYK) on the right side.
- 6 dampers will go into each head, so put a Y-connector on the Cyan, Magenta and two of the pipes coming with white as shown in the video.
- Put some masking tape on the side of the belt which goes into the head so that if any ink flows, it wont go into the print head’s circuitry.
- Install the data cables into the print heads by matching the pins on the belt with the tracks in the print head.
- To avoid any ink going into the head, also eal any exposed parts of the head with masking tape after you have put the belts.
- Set the carriage base the distance of a 5 rand coin and a business card on top of your printing media on the printing bed.
- Install the print heads on the carriage base and tighten all four screws for each print head.
- Connect the other ends of the data cables onto the carriage board connector that is labelled “left and right” according to the direction each belt is fitting on the head. Again, match the pins on the belt to the tracks on the connector for this.
4: Inking and nozzle test:
- Fill the ink tanks at the top and turn on the pump and rotor to move the ink into the cartridges.
- Draw ink into the dampers using a syringe that comes standard with our setup package, then plug them into the head following the sequence (KYCMCM) for the head with colour and any order for the head with white.
- Plug the machine into power and turn it on by the switch at the back.
- The screen is going to show Chinese, change the language by:
- Pressing the menu button
- Press the up arrow so you get to the last option on the menu
- Click OK and you will see “ENGLISH”
- Press down arrow to locate it and “OK” to select it
- Now your printer interface will be in English.
- Now. go to “MAINTENANCE” and do a manual pump/ Inking (For both heads) until you see ink flow into the waste pipe bottle at the bottom.
- After this do a “CLEAN NOZZLE” for both print heads and you are ready to do a nozzle test.
5: Alignment and software installation:
- First connect the printer to your computer using an Ethernet cable
- Open “Change adapter settings” in the network settings
- Open the properties for the Ethernet connection and go to IPV4…
- Change to IP address from automatic to manual and set it as 188.8.131.52
- The subnet will automatically set to 255.255.255.0
- Click “ok” to save.
- Open the installed alignment tool for the UV white and do alignment.
- “Two head alignment” works best at the value of 1565
- HIDI align: 31
- Step align: 16000
After this, you’re ready to print.
- Red light on the ink tank system means that the ink is low.
- Check your ink levels and if they are fine but the light is still there,
- Take out the ink level sensor in your ink, unscrew it and put it back the other way up. This should solve the problem.